After completing this course, the participants will be able to:
- Define and discuss what shifts sustainability in the mining industry
- Be able to critically analyze a business decision from a sustainability point of view
- Define the range of possible outcomes of a capital decision
- Apply a checklist to any sustainability decision
All sessions take place at 5:00 am - 6:30 am and 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm (PDT)
- Session 1 - Introduction to Sustainable Mining Economics
- Session 2 - Water Sustainability: Theory of Constraints
- Session 3 - Water Sustainability: The use of a Common
- Session 4 - Tying Sustainability into Economics
- Session 5 - Can you Price Sustainability?
- Session 6 - Is Our License to Operate at Risk?