Full course description
Porcelain veneers offer our patients a valid option to improve the colour, shape and alignment of their anterior teeth. However, it is essential for a successful treatment to follow an appropriate case selection and to implement specific clinical protocols. Clinicians need to master how to properly treatment plan and execute tooth preparation, impression, temporization and cementation to achieve expected outcomes. The focus of this lecture is to provide general dentists with key factors in achieving predictable aesthetic outcomes with porcelain veneers. In this 3 hours lecture, a comprehensive review of prosthodontic treatment planning as well as indications and contraindications for porcelain veneers will be provided. A systematic approach to tooth preparation, impression, temporization and cementation will be discussed.
- Indications and contraindications for porcelain veneers
- Appropriate treatment planning for porcelain veneers
- Clinical protocol for porcelain veneer fabrication including tooth preparation, impression, temporization and cementation
- Fabricate a matrix based on ideal waxup, prepare, impress and temporize anterior teeth
- Basics of digital work flow related to anterior aesthetic treatments