Full course description
This one-day virtual continuing professional development program is targeted to pharmacy professionals and all healthcare providers who wish to update their knowledge and skills.
Saturday, April 23rd, 2022
CONFERENCE LEARNING OBJECTIVES
By the end of the program learners will be able to:
- Summarize the evidence for use of old/new drugs for the treatment of cardiovascular disease and describe new and emerging concepts and terminology used in recent clinical trials.
- Identify interventions that reduce hospitalizations and improve post discharge outcomes in children as well as discuss communication techniques/management tailored for pediatrics.
- Describe objectives and principles of Opioid Stewardship, apply interventions in acute and chronic pain management, and summarize resources/tools for safe opioid prescribing.
- Summarize the evidence of efficacy, associated harm, rate of inappropriate use, and a common prescribing cascade related to Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs) as well as incorporate practical actions for optimal use.
- Discuss the new standard of care and provincial guideline for Alcohol Use Disorder, determine limitations in accessing evidence-based support, and foster strategies in championing care.
This conference is provided by the Division of Continuing Pharmacy Professional Development, UBC Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
The program has been approved for CE Credits using the Canadian Council for Continuing Education in Pharmacy (CCCEP)
Accreditation Standards and Guidelines.
BC File #: BC-2022-001
Credits: 5 CEUs
A Statement of Attendance will be available online following the conference. Before obtaining the CEU Statement, you are required to complete the online evaluation. The online evaluation and CEU Statement will be accessible from Saturday April 23rd after 3pm to Monday May 9th, 2022.
MOBILE DEVICES / HANDHELD COMPUTERS
You will need your mobile devices and/or computers to access the zoom link to participate in this virtual conference. The zoom link and any other additional materials will be provided to you via email one week prior to the conference.