Full course description
This course provides new UBC Biosafety Permit Study Team Members with an overview of UBC policies and procedures for working with biological materials, including project risk assessment, exposure control and emergency procedures. A thorough understanding of the course material aids in the prevention of laboratory accidents and laboratory associated infections.
This course consists of 2 parts:
• Part 1: 9 x 15 minute online modules, each followed by a quiz
• Part 2: A 2.5-hour in-person session with a written exam.
A course refund will not be provided in any of the following situations:
- The student has attended a practical session/live training
- Where there is no live component, the student has finished the course and received a certificate
- For courses that have no online component, the request for cancellation has to be received a minimum of 24 hours before the session starts
Situations not outlined here will be considered on a case by case basis.