Full course description
This course explains the basic safety considerations and regulatory requirements for working with open and sealed source radiation at UBC. This meets the training requirements for Authorized Users and Permit Holders who are new to working with Radiation at UBC.
This course has 3 parts:
• Part 1: 8 x 20 minute online modules, each followed by a quiz
• Part 2: A written assignment
• Part 3: A 2.5 hr in-person session
A course refund will not be provided in any of the following situations:
- The student has attended a practical session/live training
- Where there is no live component, the student has finished the course and received a certificate
- For courses that have no online component, the request for cancellation has to be received a minimum of 24 hours before the session starts
Situations not outlined here will be considered on a case by case basis.